A gang of seven men have been jailed for a string of burglaries across Bromley.
Four of the seven come from Orpington. All plead guilt at Woolwich Crown Court.
According to the Met Police: “The group would force their way into the victim’s address, whilst they slept in their beds, and steal their keys to vehicles on the driveway. The cars would then be sold on to criminal associates. ”
£561,000 of cars were stolen in just six weeks over 14 burglaries. The seven men are:
- David Cakebread, 36 (14.05.82) of Radnor Avenue, Welling, Kent was sentenced to 16 months’ imprisonment, suspended for two years.
- Freddie Mockler, 20 (28.10.98) of Buckland Road, Orpington was sentenced to four-and-a-half years’ imprisonment.
- David Smith, 20 (06.09.98) of Augustine Road, Orpington was sentenced to four-and-a-half years’ imprisonment.
- An 18-year-old man from Orpington [who was 17 years old when charged] was sentenced to three years’ imprisonment.
- Jack Andrews, 28 (14.05.90 ) of London Road, West Kingsdown, Kent was sentenced to eight years’ imprisonment.
- Perry Rye, 21 (03.10.97) of Okemore Gardens, Orpington was sentenced to two years’ imprisonment suspended for two years.
- Huseyin Huseyin, 24 (25.04.94) of no fixed address was sentenced to five years’ imprisonment.